Friday, January 14, 2011

Called home - now what

I called home. I spoke to one of the people that live there. It was only 8:30 at night. It was a weekday. ANDDDD.... the person on the other end was obviously drunk. Hmmmm. This is very unsettling. I live far from these folks, and I really don't know what is going on, but now I feel obligated to confront him. I know other people have confronted him, and I have danced around the subject with him. But really, my disappointment is cavernous. It is epic.

This is the guy, all my standards are based on. He once told me a story of a friend that was dying of alcoholism. He was astonished at the callousness of the family members, and came to realize that they had been so very burned. He was warning me of this fate. Why then has this fate overtaken him? I am sad.

Dear Lord, please help this man I love. Amen.

No comments: